Community Link Workers - Wigan
Following governmental advice regarding Coronavirus we have temporarily closed our Healthy Routes on the High Street shops in Wigan and Leigh until further notice.
The situation is constantly changing and whilst we are closed we will continue to offer telephone support whilst also finding ways of supporting the most vulnerable people in our local communities.
You can continue to call us on 01942 836967 or email: www.healthyrouteswigan.co.uk
Or, why not find us on Social Media?
We know that many people visiting their GP have underlying social problems that impact on their health. These could be related to a range of issues including social isolation, low level anxiety or stress, money or housing issues. Our Community Link Workers are based in practices and help people to connect to the right support and services that can make a big difference to people’s lives.
Your Community Link Worker:
- Has lots of knowledge about local services and what is going on in your local community
- Can spend time with you to understand any issues or concerns that might be affecting your health and wellbeing
- Will work with you to find the right support and information.
- Spend some time talking to you to understand the issues that might be affecting your health
- Share information with you about local services and activities that might be of interest.
- They can also provide practical support to help you access support and put you in touch with the right services and groups.
Sometimes all it takes is for somebody to listen to you and let you know what help there is out there. This might be as simple as getting involved in a social activity or putting you in touch with professionals that can help you.
How can you access the service?
If you’re 18 or over, any member of the practice team can arrange an appointment with our Community Link Worker.
- Practice Nurse
This service is jointly commissioned by:
- NHS Wigan Borough Clinical Commissioning Group
- Wigan Council