At City Health Care Partnership CIC we are committed to supporting research and enabling our service users to access research studies.
We know that evidence indicates that well-led healthcare organisations support patients and staff to participate in research studies and clinical trials.
Being research active enables us to increase our knowledge about human health, wellbeing, treatments and care. This is so we can:
- provide life changing treatments and care management
- diagnose illnesses earlier or more accurately
- prevent people from developing conditions
- improve health and care for future service users
- ensure everyone has a better quality of life.
Our research studies span across therapies, medical and nursing services in the community.
How is research managed within CHCP?
As a Community Interest Company, we do not have a dedicated research service, but we manage all research enquires, reviews and approvals, as part of our Quality Improvement portfolio. This enables us to provide a central point of enquiry for any type of study, audit or evaluation.
How is research approved within CHCP?
Each month we hold a Research Approval group (RAG) to review all research requests, documents and offer the organisation’s site approval. Researchers are advised of the date of the forthcoming RAG in order to provide the necessary documentation.
The minimum documentation required for RAG to consider site approval is as follows:
- Confirmation of CHCP operational manager agreement to participate
- Ethical Approval letter
- All ethics approval supporting documents (local information pack if available)
- Study Sponsor details
- Research Passport/Honorary Contract confirmation as required. Follow HR Good Practice Resource Pack guidance on https://www.myresearchproject.org.uk/help/hlphrgoodpractice.aspx#Research-Passport and contact RAG email@example.com if you need to discuss this prior to site approval document submission.
- For student research – details of research supervisor
How can I contact the RAG?
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org