Your rights and access to records
We will ensure your rights are respected. You have:
- The right to be informed – we tell you what we do with your information. We do this through notices like this, service information leaflets, notices on our website and posters
- The right to rectification - we will correct any personal information that is inaccurate or rectify any data that is incomplete
- The right to object – you have the right to object to how we process your information. Your objection will be considered in relation to your particular situation and we will stop processing unless there is a legitimate reason for us to continue processing. E.g. we will not be able to stop processing your data to provide you with direct patient care, as we need to provide you with safe care.
- The right to restrict processing – we will temporarily restrict processing your data whilst we check the information, if you query the accuracy of it.
We will also restrict processing (if you raise an objection to how we process your data) whilst we consider your objection.
- The right of access – you can ask for copies of information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request.
How you can access your records
If you would like to request a copy of your medical record, please contact the CHCP.email@example.com or phone: 01482 347627
For more information click here.