District Nursing & Community Nursing
Who are we?
The community nursing team consists of Community Matrons, District Nurses, Staff Nurses and Health Care Assistants who deliver high quality care to patients and their families/carers who need nursing at home. Patients will have a Care Co-ordinator who will organise your care, along with other members of the team.
We cover Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.
We aim to:
- provide individualised care
- be open, honest and do what we say we will do
- continuously listen, learn and improve
- care for our housebound patients in their own home environment
- support patients, their family or carers with information and advic
- work with the patient to plan their care around health and social needs.
- help patients to lead a healthier lifestyle and be as independent as possible.
How to Refer and Criteria
Patients can be referred into the service by the following (with patients' consent):
- GPs and primary care colleagues
- Virtual Ward
- Social care professionals
- Hospital and community based mental health teams
- Community learning disability services
- Specialist nursing services.
The Nursing and Condition Management Service is available to anybody who is housebound, at least 18 years old and lives in Hull or the East Riding of Yorkshire.
The service operates 7 days a week, 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day (working with the Out of Hours nursing team).
Call us on 01482 247111 or email CHCP.email@example.com.