E M P O W E R
Improving the Lives of People with Long-Term Conditions
What is it?
Empower is a research-based, free self-management programme that helps you to cope with your long-term health conditions.
The programme provides you with a range of lifestyle techniques to help you take control of your condition increase your confidence and improve your quality of life.
Who can Take Part?
- Anyone with one or more long-term health conditions. This programme is suitable for a wide range of conditions, including but not limited to: Fibromyalgia, diabetes, arthritis, chronic pain, COPD, IBS
- Anyone aged 18+
- Anyone who lives or is registered with a GP within the Hull or ER area
What Topics Does the Programme Cover?
- Dealing with your pain and fatigue
- Coping with the negative emotions associated with your condition, including anger and depression
- The benefits of healthy eating and exercise
- Learning to set achievable health-related goals
- Communicating with your family, friends and healthcare professionals about your condition
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Difficult Emotion
How will it benefit you?
By attending the 6 week programme you can:
- learn new skills to manage your health condition
- meet new people and share similar experiences
- Improve your quality of life
What are the Course Details?
- The programme runs on one day a week for six weeks
- The sessions last for 2.5 hours, and are delivered in different locations across the city
- The sessions are delivered by Tutors. Tutors are volunteers who have experience or knowledge of long-term health conditions.