Weightwise Tier 3 Weight Management (ADULTS)
What is Weightwise?
Weightwise is a specialist weight management service for adults who have a Hull GP. Our specialist team support you to achieve healthy, sustained weight loss and health improvements in the long-term.
Support is available for 6 months+ depending on your needs and progress will be regularly reviewed by the team.
Once referred, you will need to opt in to the service and attend a welcome meeting to be given further information on how the service works. Following this, you will see a range of specialists to assess your needs and a care plan will be developed by the team.
Your care plan may include support in any of the following key areas:
- Physiology (Medical)
- Psychology (Mental Health)
- Physical activity
- Obese adults (18+ years) with a BMI 40+ (35+ with a co-morbidity).
- Registered with a Hull GP.
- Not accessed and subsequently discharged in the last 12 months.
- All requested blood tests completed within last 3 month and included in referral.
- Must be committed to a minimum of 6 months and be willing to consider holistic change including; physiological, psychological, social, nutritional and physical activity aspects.
- To assess the individual needs of referred patients.
- To provide individual care plans for all referred patients.
- To provide education, support and treatment in the 5 key areas.
- To educate and support referred patients to understand the reasons behind their behaviours and the impact they have in their health and weight.
- To focus away from weight loss targets to support a healthy realtionship with weight.
- To promote healthy weight loss that is achievable in the long-term.
- To work with key partners to support the individual needs of each patient.
- Consultant Endocrinologist – Physiological assessment and recommended treatment for patients.
- Clinical Psychologist – Support team offering peer supervision and CPD training.
- Specialist Dietitians – Duty screening of referrals, assessment, recommended treatment and ongoing support for patients.
- Advisors – Deliver welcome groups, generic assessment of additional needs, ongoing support and advice on physical activity and exercise, co-ordination of care in relation to care plans.
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner – Tracking of bariatric patients and those referred to Evolve eating disorder service, Delivery of emotional Eating Groups (MEE), development of psychological pathway.
- Dietetic Assistants – Support dietitians to deliver nutritional aspects of service, delivery nutritional education groups, deliver cooking groups, facilitate some social groups, support patients on a 1-1 post dietitian.
- Administration Team – First point of contact for booking appointments, support team with administration requirements.
- Let’s Talk Psychological Services
- Evolve Eating Disorder Service
- All GP practices
- Pain Management
- Diabetes Centre (Living with Diabetes)
- Connect Well (Social Prescribing)
- Hull University (Exercise Science Department, Psychology Department)
- Respiratory Medicine
- Tier 4 Bariatric Surgery
You need to be referred by your GP. Your GP may need to check that all the information we need is up to date first. Once you have been referred you will be booked in for your initial appointment.