Band 2 - Health and Social Care Assistant - Application
All vacancies for this role have now been filled but if you would like to express an interest, please fill in the form below. If we have any vacancies in the future we will get in touch with you.
Are you interested in starting a career in Health and Social Care?
Previous direct experience in Health and Social care is not essential as full training will be given by our quality assured in-house training team. We will enable you completion of the Care Certificate during your induction period. There are also opportunities to receive further training to support your own personal and career development. Within our team there are opportunities to develop into band 3 and band 4 positions.
About the role
You will delivering high quality health and social care support to clients in their own homes, to support them to stay at home or to be discharged from hospital.
Some of the tasks you may undertake are:
- Supporting with social activities
- Providing personal care
- Preparing and cooking meals
About the Service
- Service runs from 8am - 10pm, 7 days a week
- Various Shift Patterns Available (see below for further details)
- Various bases to work from (see below for further details)
- Aged 16 or over
- Can build a rapport with clients
- Want to make a difference
- Happy to work under own initiative once training provided
- Driving is essential
Rewards and Benefits
- We will pay you a fuel premia payment of up to £500 (pro rata)
- Minimum £10.90 per hour (may increase following NHS consultation)
- Enhanced unsocial hours payments
- £14.62 (8pm – 10pm or anytime Saturday)
- £15.37 (anytime Sunday and Public Holidays)
- Full shift pay
- Paid travel time
- Mileage paid at 43p per mile & Passenger mileage
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement (27 - 33 days, pro rata for part time staff)
- Quality assured training and development provided in relation to the role (paid time)
- Opportunities to utilise the wide range of training available to enhance your career opporpunities
- Uniform and work mobile phone provided
- Initial DBS paid for by CHCP
- Blue light card
- Employee of the month scheme
- A range of salary sacrifice benefits are available to our employees
Previous direct experience in Health and Social care is not essential as full training will be given by our quality assured in-house training team. We will enable you completion of the Care Certificate during your induction period for free. There are also opportunities to receive further training to support your own personal and career development. Within our team there are opportunities to develop into band 3 and band 4 positions.
Examples of shift patterns:
- 12-hour shifts (8am – 8pm, 10am – 10pm)
- 9-hour shift (8am – 5pm)
- 8-hour shift (12 noon – 8pm)
- Mornings (8am – 12 noon, 8am – 12:30)
- Mid-day (10am – 2pm)
- Evenings (2pm – 10pm, 4pm – 10pm, 6pm – 10pm, 5pm – 10pm, 5:30pm – 10pm)
Here is a list of the locations you could work in (there will be an option to select which locations you will able to work from in the application form below):
- West Hull (HU3, HU4 & HU5)
- East Hull (HU7, HU8 & HU9)
- Central Hull (HU1)
- North Hull (HU6 & HU7)
- West Hull Villages (HU10 & HU13)
- East Hull Villages (HU12)
- Beverley (HU17)
- Bridlington (YO10)
- Driffield (YO25)
If you would like to know more then copy and paste the below link into your browser to watch ”a day in the life”, working for our Bee At Home Service. We are looking for dedicated people like Danielle to help in their community!
If you have read the above and think this is the role for you then please complete the information below.
If you apply for the role, you can see how we will use your information by clicking https://www.chcpcic.org.uk/pages/your-information-and-how-we-use-it
If you are unable to apply online, then please call 01482 236923 and we will log your application (between the hours of 8am and 4pm).
What Happens Next?
Once your application has been received, the information provided will be reviewed on a regular basis and you will be communicated with to advise of next steps, this communication will be via email.