Caring Befriending Service
- The caring role can sometimes be isolating, and it is important to us that carers feel valued and understood.
- A befriender might be someone for the carer to:
- Talk about their interests
- Check in with the carer’s wellbeing (in a non-clinical capacity)
- Have a coffee with
- Our befrienders are chosen because of their positive attitudes and dedication to helping other people and are matched to a carer based on shared interests and lifestyles
- This can be offered on any basis including telephone calls, daytime visits or an email-buddy service