Community Pain Management
The Pain Management Service provides support, education and short-term pain management treatment for patients with chronic pain. We encourage patients to take control and self-manage their pain in a safe, supportive and professional environment.
Access to the service is by referral only. This could be via your GP, Physiotherapist or other health care professional.
Pleaes note: Patients who have completed their treatment can self-refer for maintenance treatment or advice within 6 months of discharge.
- 18 years old or over.
- Experienced pain for more than 3 months, although less than 3 months will be accepted if there is a risk of the pain becoming chronic.
- Diagnosis of chronic, non-malignant pain.
- Not already receiving pain management care
Service Exclusion Criteria:
- Patients with a Musculoskeletal (MSK) condition who have not been triaged by Community MSK Services
- Acute pain / pain less than 3 months duration unless there is a risk of the pain becoming chronic.
- Known / suspected pathology requiring further investigation.
- Pre-natal back pain / pelvic pain.
- Patients under the age of 18.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (unless the main symptom is pain).
- Palliative pain.