Bladder & Bowel Health
Our Bladder and Bowel Health service provides specialist treatment for bladder, bowel or pelvic floor problems.
Education and self-management is a key part of the way we work to help you have a better understanding of how to manage your condition and improve symptoms.
Bladder and Bowel dysfunction can have many causes so we provide a comprehensive assessment, treatment plans and support if you are experiencing symptoms. With the correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment, bladder, bowel, pelvic floor & incontinence symptoms can often be improved, better-managed or cured.
Support for Carers or Health Care Professionals
We can also help carers to manage bladder or bowel problems in the person they are caring for, whether that's at home with a family member or client or in a residential setting. The Bladder and Bowel team also offer telephone advice and training programmes for other healthcare professionals.
- 18yrs or over with a Hull or East Riding GP
- Complex symptoms of bladder and/or bowel dysfunction, pelvic floor problems
- Willing and able to take part in active treatment and experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Stress Incontinence – leaking urine (wee) when coughing, sneezing, exercising etc.
- Urge incontinence – leaking urine before getting to the toilet
- Overactive bladder – the need to rush urgently to the toilet
- Bladder symptoms without incontinence – urgency, frequency
- Difficulties passing urine
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunction
- Chronic constipation
- Defecation (pooing) difficulties
- Neurogenic bowel dysfunction
- Faecal (poo) incontinence
- Pelvic floor muscle problems - weakness or a mild prolapse
Tell us what you think about our service? Follow the links below to our Friends and Family Test website.