Bladder & Bowel Health
Our Bladder and Bowel Health Service has practitioners with specialist knowledge of bladder and bowel problems and pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation.
Education and self-management is a key part of the way we work so patients have a better understanding of how to manage their condition and improve symptoms.
- Bladder re-training
- Pelvic floor muscle exercises
- Neuromuscular electro-stimulation therapy / biofeedback therapy
- Bladder emptying techniques
- Intermittent self catheterisation
- Medication advice
- Management techniques
- Behaviour modification and lifestyle changes
- Bowel management regimes
- Anal sphincter exercises
- Trans-anal irrigation
The Bladder and Bowel Health team also offer telephone advice and formal training programmes for other healthcare professionals.
- Patients aged 18 or over
- Registered with a Hull or East Riding GP
- Have complex symptoms of bladder and/or bowel dysfunction and/or pelvic floor problems.
Referrals can be made via a GP or Health Professional, or patients can self-refer.