Cardiac Rehabilitation Service
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Service consists of nurses, physiotherapists and physiotherapy assistants with specialist knowledge of coronary heart disease and cardiac rehabilitation.
After being referred to the service by the hospital we will carry out an initial patient assessment to determine risk factors, patient needs and limitations followed by a tailored rehabilitation programme including:
- Education and health behaviour change
- Lifestyle risk factor management
- Physical activity and exercise
- Smoking Cessation
- Psycho-social health
- Medical risk factor management
- Cardio-protective therapies
- Long-term management
Referral Criteria - Hull
- Patients ages 18 years or older registered with a Hull GP
- Recent cardiac event such as coronary artery bypass surgery, valve replacement or repair, heart attack, exertional angina, heart transplant, mild heart failure, angioplasty, defibrillator devices, cardiac resynchronisation therapy devices.
Referral Criteria - East Riding
- Patients aged 18 years or older registered with an East Riding GP
- Recent cardiac event such as coronary artery bypass surgery, aortic or mitral valve replacement or repair, angioplasty and heart attack.