Cardiac & Respiratory Specialist Nursing
Respiratory Specialist Nurse Clinics
The Respiratory Nurse Specialists provide nurse led clinics for patients with respiratory conditions which require specialist input. They work across Hull, in conjunction with the Integrated Community Team, GP’s, Practice Nurses and other health professionals in the development and provision of specialist respiratory nursing services in the primary care setting.
- They support the medical management of this client group and ensure a seamless service between the acute and primary care setting, along with the provision and continuity of education and support to nursing colleagues within CHCP CIC.
Service Objectives are:
- To lead the development of individualised, evidenced based care to patients through the provision of specialist advice, clinic support and involvement in service and practice improvements within the field of respiratory care.
- To triage appropriate referrals to secondary care for patients that require further investigation and treatment management.
- Provide specialist clinics and advice for complex and difficult to manage respiratory patients in the community.
- Undertake appropriate research and audit within the field of respiratory care.
- Provide support and educational input to an established Respiratory Support Group for patients and carers.
- Provide a Home Oxygen Assessment and Follow Up Service.
Service Referral Criteria
- Adults over the age of 18.
- Registered with a Hull GP.
- Patients with a respiratory condition who have may have complex or increased needs and require assistance to manage their disease within the community.
- Patients who have experienced an increase in hospital admissions due to exacerbation of respiratory conditions.
Availability and Access to Service
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Expected Outcomes of the Service
- Case Management of respiratory patients with specific or complex needs.
- Patient education and management of their respiratory condition.
Longhill Health Care Centre
Tel: 01482 335475
Fax: 01482 335469