Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist Team (Hull)
What do we do?
Our qualified senior nurses have clinical and specialist experience and knowledge of palliative and end of life care. We help to make sure that people with life limiting conditions get the best possible practice in care in the community.
The team works closely with district nurses, general practitioners and other health care providers to ensure the best possible care is delivered to patients and their carers. The nurses work alongside the Community Nursing teams.
Direct patient care
Visiting, assessing and supporting patients with complex needs in their homes. The team also offer advice and support on the phone.
Indirect patient care
Advising GPs, district nurses, community matrons and other carers about how to best manage palliative care patients.
Identifying and delivering training to others to enable them to have the skills in order to deliver care.
How to Refer and Criteria
Referrals are accepted from patients, carers and all health and social care professionals through our Care Co-ordination Centre on 01482 247111.
- Adults over 18
- Registered with a Hull GP.
- Patients who have identified specialist palliative care needs.
Expected Outcomes for the Service
- Provide specialist palliative care support in the patient’s home.
- Specialist palliative care advice and support for GPs and other health and social care professionals.
- Enable patients with palliative and end of life care needs, to live and die at home if this is their preferred choice.
The service is available 7 days a week including bank holidays, 9am to 5pm by contacting our Care Co-ordination Centre on 01482 247111.