Pulmonary Rehabilitation (East Riding)
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Service consists of physiotherapists who have a specialist knowledge of chronic lung conditions and pulmonary rehabilitation. The team works across East Riding in conjunction with GPs, practice nurses and other healthcare professionals in the development and the provision of pulmonary rehabilitation and chronic lung disease management.
In practical terms, pulmonary rehabilitation is a professionally supervised programme of:
- An initial patient assessment to determine risk factors, patient needs and limitations
- A comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation programme consisting of:
- Physical activity and exercise
- Education and health behaviour change
- Lifestyle risk factor management
- Smoking cessation
- Psycho-social health
- Medical risk factor management
- Lung protective strategies
- Long-term management plan
- A final patient reassessment to determine health status improvements following the exercise programme.
- Patients aged 18 or over
- Registered with an East Riding GP
- Have a diagnosis of chronic lung disease such as COPD, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, bronchiectasis or awaiting lung surgery or a lung transplant
Patients must initially be referred by a GP or other health professional.
Please feedback on your experience of our service at East Riding Pulmonary Rehab Service