Community Heart Failure Specialist Nursing
What is the Service?
The Community Heart Failure Specialist Nurse Service provides support, advice, medication and clinical reviews for patients diagnosed with heart failure. The team consists of senior nurses who have specialist knowledge and skills in the field of cardiology and heart failure. They support patients to be able to better manage their condition.
Service Referral - How to Refer and Criteria
Referrals to the service are via Health Professionals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult over 18 years of age.
- Registered with a Hull or East Riding GP.
- Diagnosed with heart failure (LVSD)
- After a recent hospital admission with heart failure or newly diagnosed with unstable heart failure.
- Referral from GP within 4 weeks after discharge from hospital after an admission with heart failure.
- Referral of unstable patients from hospital out-patient clinics or community health professionals
- Patients who have previously been known to the service can be referred back by their GP, the patient or their family, or other health professionals if their condition becomes unstable.