Community Specialist Palliative Care Clinics
What do we do?
The community specialist palliative care clinics provide support for palliative care patients and their families closer to home.
We provide assessment and treatment (for all diagnoses) in health centres closer to the patient’s home. If the patient is too ill to attend the clinic, the team will visit them at home.
We want to work with local teams, especially GPs, to support local diagnosis and care, with access to the highest level of clinical expertise and quality. We believe that patient care should be delivered locally wherever possible.
How to Refer and Criteria
Referrals are accepted from patients, carers and all health and social care professionals by calling our Care Co-ordination Centre on 01482 247111.
Referrals will be accepted if the patient meets the following criteria:
- Over 18.
- Complex or unresolved pain and symptom issues.
- Needs a comprehensive medication review.
- Registered with a Hull GP.
We want to:
- Provide relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- Integrate the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Assess and manage complex psychosocial issues for patients with advanced disease
- Help patients and their families to have the best possible quality of life
- Assess and manage complex end-of-life issues
- Help families with bereavement
To get in touch, call our Care Co-ordination Centre on 01482 247111.